Getting Permanent Local Website Traffic from Google
Search engines like Google have made large advancements in the formulas they use to select results for anything and everything typed into the search bar. With an infinite amount of content online, it can be difficult to get your own website to show up in basic searches for services or products. However, with some basic understanding and dedicated work, there are things you can do to increase the traffic coming to your site from Google.
In order to get traffic locally from Google, keyword optimization and social networking are a must. The keywords people type into search engines in order to find what they’re looking for can bring up many different results, and a lot of research has been done by search engine companies to determine the best way to make the keywords work to your advantage.
When determining the keywords you should include in your website pages and blog posts, it helps to use resources like Google Analytics to determine the statistics for a particular keyword. This will help you find the right keywords and phrasing to direct more traffic to your intended pages. Other important practices for ideal search engine optimization include:
- using keywords or promotions to optimize and incentivieze titles of pages increases click through rates and overall potential for ranking in search
- search keywords are based on the immediate need of the searcher, while social headlines are based on creating interest in the topic and subject matter of your title
- target your industry keywords and local area keywords all together, and by examining how many or how few competitors that come up in search and how closely they are to that keyword in titles descriptions, content, and links to and from their site
- how to target the right keywords and topics when someone searches for business online
- websites that link back to your website benefit your SEO ranking
- the greater a websites link authority the higher it ranks in Google and other search engines
- ensuring your content is optimized to be topically relevant both informationally and by using keywords
- content that incorporates the use of images has been shown to perform better in search engines
- the speed of your website and using https also have been shown to perform better, which means optimizing image sizes, utilizing services such as cloudflare, minimizing scripts and plugins that load when your site loads, etc.
- low bounce rate has been found to be associated with higher search positions
- exact and closely matching anchor text is important in off site search engine optimization
Another helpful tool is to take advantage of the blogging option on your website. Even if the primary purpose of your website is to sell a product or service, including a blog section will not only increase awareness and understanding for whatever you’re selling, it can actually increase your traffic since blog posts allow for keyword optimized titles relevant to searches from your audience.
Beyond just keywords, you should also be looking at networking your site as well, because the most influential factor in Google ranking is the authority of the backlinks from websites linking to yours. Websites with outside sources linking back to them are viewed by search engines as more dependable sources and will therefore show up higher in search results. The outside sources must also be dependable sources so website owners should be weary of low authority sites that either have too many links pointing to other sites or are identified by Google and other search engines as offering paid links, which have been shown to negatively influence search results. The backlinks should be genuine shares from reliable websites.
One final tip would be to lengthen the content posted on your targeted web pages. Despite the average person’s desire to quickly move through websites seeking what they’re looking for, and bloggers’ tendencies to try and keep posts shorter to satiate that attention span, Google operates a little differently. Google wants to reveal the most informative content and tends to rank landing pages with longer content higher than others.